The Valley Forge Romance Writers (VFRW) 2016 The Sheila Contest opened for entries March 13, 2016. VFRW is a local chapter of the Romance Writers of America (RWA) and they and their internationally-recognized The Shelia Contest abide by the regulations and philosophy set forth at the national level.
Participation is open to all romance writers who are unpublished, self-published, and published. Entries must be the author’s original unpublished work and not under contract. Submissions will be accepted in the following categories: Single Title, Historical, Erotic, Romantic Suspense and Fantasy/Futuristic/Paranormal.
$25 for VFRW members, $30 for non-members
- Opens for Entries: March 13, 2016
- Deadline: April 16, 2016
- Notification of category winners: June 18
You will be asked to submit the first 20 pages of manuscript and an up-to-5-page synopsis, for a total of 25 pages.
Initial entries will be judged by three (3) qualified, trained judges, including: General, PRO* and PAN* members. The top five (5) entries in their categories will be forwarded for a final round of judging by the following publishing professionals:
Categories and Final Judges:
- Single Title: Junessa Viloria, Penguin Random House
- Historical: Stephany Evans, Fine Print Literary Management
- Erotic: Sara Megibow, KT Literary
- Romantic Suspense: Alicia Condon, Kensington Publishing
- Fantasy/Futuristic/Paranormal: Nicole Resciniti, The Seymour Agency
Top Prizes: The 1st through 4th place winners will receive certificates and have their names printed in Romance Writers Report (RWR) Magazine.
Best of the Best – 1st place winners from the final round will move on to the Best of the Best round, judged by Best Selling Authors and Booksellers:
- Madeline Hunter – New York Times & USA Today Best Selling Author
- Mariah Stewart – New York Times & USA Today Best Selling Author
- Terri Brisbin – USA Today Best Selling Author
- Joan Silvestro – Indie Bookseller – Hamilton Book Trader
- Heather Soligo – Traditional Bookseller – Barnes & Nobles, Christiana Mall
Grand Prize for Best of the Best: $100
For more details and submission guidelines, visit the VFRW The Shelia Contest page.